Sunday, 13 January 2013

Alcohol Ink Coasters Make number 2.....363 to go

Today I experimented making some coasters out of plain white bathroom tiles and alcohol inks. It took a few attempts to perfect the technique but eventually I was happy with the result.

The best way I found to apply the ink was to drip it on directly from the bottles and then fill in the gaps with different corresponding coloured inks slanting the tile to merge the different inks together.

As you can see when I used the Tim Holtz tool to apply the ink on my first attempt the result was a kind of dirty effect which I am not keen on.

Final Result

First Attempt!! 

The two where I used the drip technique look much better I think.

1 comment: