Thursday 22 December 2011

Learning to Knit

Tonight I have been trying to learn to knit, I think my grandma tried to teach me when I was little but I never got the hang of it. Im hoping now that I am a lot older I will be able to master it.

I have been looking around in Hobbycraft for a starter kit for knitting aimed at beginners but haven't been able to find anything suitable. I was in Tesco earlier and spotted the Knit and Crochet magazine which comes with a starter set of needles for knitting and a crochet hook as well as six yarns of wool. I decided to give it a go. There are lots of little projects included in the magazine which look really fun, but first I need to master the basics (casting on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch and casting off)

Thats the task for the next few hours so I plan to blog again later on and let everyone know how I have got on. Fingers crossed or should that be needles crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment