Saturday 3 March 2012

Doodle Stitching

I haven't managed to post as much as I would like this week as I am camera-less, I have lent it to a friend and haven't had the chance to pop and collect it. I didn't want to post any of the stuff I have been crafting on without some pictures. I still haven't got the camera back but am going to post with some photos from my phone which luckily takes fairly good snaps.

So yes anyways that why there haven't been many posts this week. I recently after seeing a review/project on  http://itsallfiddlefart.blogspot.com/ purchased this doodle stitching book.


It's a fab book not just for the projects but the second section of the book is full of little doodle designs varying from under the sea designs to trees, flowers, florals and patterns as well as many more. Not only are the designs included in the back of the book but there is a handy CD rom which means that the images can be manipulated to make them any size for any project.

So far I have just been using the designs directly from the book and tracing them on to a cheap pillow case I got from wilko in order to practice my embroidery skills before I embark on a full project. I will be posting later today with some photos of that project and how its going. I definitely recommend purchasing this book and giving hand embroidery a go, it has been thoroughly enjoying and absorbing. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fab looking book, such a clever idea, Luv Karen xx

    ReplyDelete