Friday 13 January 2012

Lantern Making (Part Two)

The lanterns I was making earlier in the week are now dry, tonight I put some small tealights in them to test them out and I am really happy with the effect they give off. For the moment I am going to use them as candle holders and have them on the work surface.

I made the little one I showed you in part one of this post earlier in the week, and after I left it to dry I had enjoyed it so much that I made another one. This time only using two colours of tissue paper red and blue. When the summer comes I plan to attach wire to the jars and hang them outside when having BBQs and outside parties.

I am going to try this technique with a range of different shaped jars and try them with various candles to experiment with the different light effects that can be achieved. I also read that you can use pro markers to colour on glass and give a stained glass effect which I am quite excited to try. So watch this space for more lanterns in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment