Monday 16 January 2012

Quick Card

Tonight I made a quick card to enter in to the latest challenge on the I love Promarkers blog. I had to get  the train to work at 7am this morning so by the time I got round to crafting time I was pretty tired so decided to work on a quick and simple design.

I used Promarkers to colour in a cute image of a hamster eating a cupcake and then added a little bit of shading to the image. I then cut this image out and decided it would look best on a slightly unusual size card. I cut my cardstock down to make a 15cm by 15cm square and then folded this in half. I then covered one side of the card with some super cute cloud paper. I positioned the hamster in one corner of the card attached a chip board sentiment and some heart shaped buttons in various colours.
Overall considering this is only about the fifth card I have made I'm really happy with the way this card has turned out. It only took me about an hour to make and was a nice chill out activity after a long day in the office.

5 comments:

  1. You are doing great with your newly found card making skills. Your coloring is most excellent! Did you decide what magazine?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) No still massively undecided about the magazine bought another two today. Any suggestions which one to go for? x

      Delete
  2. This card is really lovely and your colouring has already improved so much, when i first started crafting I wasted a lot of money buying bits and pieces that i did'nt need and i found the best way to learn new things was to join an online craft group/community, the members were/are so friendly and never seemed tired of my millions and millions of questions, i also love blogs one of my favorites is http://itsallfiddlefart.blogspot.com/ Helen is a brilliant crafter and does lots of different crafts and explains things well. Another tip i would say is get a little book and write down the colour combinations that work well, so you can refer back to them and use them again and before you know it you will have a huge list of what colours blend/shade well. Please please feel free to ask me questions i might be able to help although I can't knit, that is my vow this year i will learn, i can crochet and have tried various different cardmaking techniques and if i can't answer the question or give advice i always can ask someone who can.
    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog its really great to hear from other much more experinced crafters. Which do you suggest are the best online craft communities to join? I have been checking out the its all fiddle fart blog its brilliant I really love it so much to read and such a huge variety of crafts :) I have tried crochet but just cant get the hang of it at all. I do have a question about clouring stamps actually which do you think are best copics or pro makrers?

      Thanks again for all your comments :) Really great to hear from you :) x

      Delete
    2. Hi Becky My email is summer20000@btinternet.com please send me a email and we can have a chat I personnally prefer copics but they are expensive and when i first started buying them I bought lots of wrong colours ( colours that didn't go well together) I have since learnt A LOT about what to buy!!! I do have pro-markers as well, also water colour pencils and prismas ( i really enjoy coloring!!) I would love to be in contact with you and I found the advice from other crafters soooo invaluable, I am no where near perfect but i like to give things a go and like i say i can always ask other crafty friends. Look forward to hearing from you Lou x

      Delete