Saturday 21 January 2012

Teddy Bear Card

Today I spent my day reorganizing and tidying most of my flat, yes it is as boring as it sounds. The flat is super tidy and organized now though so I rewarded myself with some chill out craft time this evening.

I have been colouring in a few of my digi stamps so I have a supply of ready coloured images to use when wanting to make a card quickly. I made one card tonight using a cute teddy bear stamp.
I coloured and shaded the bear using my pro markers and then cut him out using my scissors and craft knife, Im thinking of investing in some of those special decoupage scissors as it so fiddly doing it with the big scissors and knife. I also cut out the heart shaped balloons separately. I used some of the airmail style paper from the Portobello Road collection and cut this to form a large strip down the centre of my cardstock.  I stuck the bear on and then used 3D foam pads to attach the balloons so they had a sort of floating effect. I then found some old elastic that I had laying around in my sewing box and stuck this on with pva glue to make the balloon strings. Overall I am happy with this card I really feel like I am getting better at this whole crafting thing :) Not sure if this card needs something else though, it just feels like something is missing from it not sure what though, any suggestions?

I am going to be entering this card into the I love Promarkers challenge which this week is an anything goes theme.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Becky - I think it looks fine as it is but perhaps you could add a sentiment - Peeloffs are brilliant and a great price and so many types, very easy to use and you can do many different things with them, or you could make some sentiments on your computer!! I have soooo many pairs of scissors and they all have a use, I never got on with the decoupage ones like this

    http://www.firststopstationers.co.uk/acatalog/info_XCU_2631002.html
    (probably just me I know lots of others use them)

    but i love little ones like this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCISSORS-IDEAL-DECOUPAGE-AND-CUTTING-FINE-DETAIL-STRAIGHT-CUT-/310347721468?pt=UK_Papercraft_Tools_Accessories_2&hash=item48422a6afc


    I have several pairs of these
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XCUT-6-5-Spring-cut-scissors-soft-grip-Non-Stick-/140598441711?pt=UK_Papercraft_Tools_Accessories_2&hash=item20bc51f6ef
    which i use for everything!

    (I don't know these sellers and not saying get them from there, I'm just showing ones that work well for me)

    Teddy bear is such a cute image

    Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, I know what you mean about small images being fiddly, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete